Best Smart Scales: Usually, a list of “the best of” needs little explanation beyond the title. “These are the best blank products on the market right now.” But when it comes to the best smart bathroom scales, we may have to carefully define our terms. Does “Better” mean the most intuitive functionality? The best design? More reliable? Or would it be more, well, accurate to say that these are the most “accurate” products on the market at the moment?
4 Best Smart Scales in 2019 to Buy
We doubt anyone invites people to the bathroom to see their new and elegant next-generation smart scale (but hey, you too!), So accuracy seems to be the obvious starting point. But as we know, physical conditioning is a way of life, and everything from our shoes to our water bottles is interconnected and works with us to achieve our goals. Then, we will define “better” as the best equipped to participate in your overall health and wellness lifestyle with useful and practical data, but the issue of accuracy will be addressed.
To that end, here are the smartest, most practical and accessible smart scales available in 2019.
The reason why Withings Body+ tops so many classifications are due to its incredibly sophisticated tracking and data sharing capabilities. While that could mean posting your weight on Twitter, you don’t need to do it unless you want to (also, why would you want to do it?). But, in reality, it means that Body+ synchronizes with popular devices such as Fitbit Ultra and Digitfit, and even has a complimentary website (which can be accessed for free) where your data is located, including its weight, which can be Measure in the easy to read way. It can be easily shared with your doctor in pounds, kilos and even stones, along with the percentage of fat and BMI. As PC Mag put it, “The screen demystifies all numbers and percentiles that may otherwise confuse someone without much medical knowledge.”
Buy Withings Body+ in amazon at the best price
Withings Body+ – Wi-Fi body composition scale
- Complete analysis of body composition: tracks weight (kg, lb, st lb), body fat and water percentage
- Automatic synchronization: all the information registered in the scale previously appears automatically in the health mate application through a Wi-Fi connection (iOS and Android)
- Nutrition tracking: set a weight goal and manage your daily calorie intake
- Daily weather forecast: get on the scale to enjoy a localized weather part so you can plan your day accordingly
- Possibility of use by multiple users: allows to record the weight and personal history of up to 8 different users; Nokia Body+ automatically recognizes different users
One of the reasons why QardioBase 2 is so well classified is that it is intelligent and sensitive. The smart scale includes a “pregnancy mode” that is more important than you think. You see, some scales, to track the composition of your entire body, send tiny waves of electricity through the bottom of your feet. It is usually harmless and painless, but there is a sufficient risk that pregnant women and people with implanted medical devices are advised not to use smart scales. Some scales, such as the highly-rated Eufy Smart Scale, do not allow you to change the pulse. QardioBase also has a simple configuration and a simple synchronization with iOS or Android devices through a free application.
Buy the QardioBase 2 in amazon at the best price
QardioBase 2- Wireless Smart Scale with Body Composition Analysis – Volcanic Black
- ŠSmart feedback mode š- Replace numbers with emoticons allowing you to focus on your long-term progress and achieve lasting results. Less stress and more results
- Beyond your weight – QardioBase, in addition to calculating your weight, automatically calculates BMI and controls changes in your body composition (fat, muscle, water, bone)
- Pregnancy mode – Designed for future moms. Activate it and enter your expiration date, this mode will allow you to track your semiannual progress with graphics and add photos in the gallery
- Automatic recognition of multiple users – QardioBase automatically recognizes each family member, maintaining the privacy of each user’s data. It is the perfect scale for you and your whole family
- Easy to configure and use – Synchronizing your QardioBase will take just a few seconds: simply synchronize the scale with the free Qardio App and each of your measurements will be automatically saved in the app
FitBit Aria 2
Praised for its accuracy and consistency when measuring metrics such as basic weight and BMI, the Fitbit Aria 2 earns its points for the perfect way it fits into the “fitness ecosystem” created by all Fitbit products. It may not deepen your measurements, but that is not a problem for most users. Of course, Aria 2 does not measure muscle, bone mass or percentage of water, but who else than serious athletes really needs it? However, like the Eufay device, the Aria 2 does not have the means to turn off its bioimpedance signal, so it may not be suitable for pregnant women or people with pacemakers.
Buy the FitBit Aria 2 in amazon at the best price
Fitbit Aria 2 Smart Wi-Fi Scale, Adult Unisex, Black, One Size, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (abs), tempered glass, LCD
- Automatically sync data collected with your Fitbit profile via a Wi-Fi encrypted connection
- It allows you to track your progress using simple and easy-to-read graphics
- Recognize up to 8 users and maintain the privacy of the data of each of them
- Bluetooth connectivity for easy setup from mobile
- It syncs with Mac OS X 10.6 and later versions, iPhone 4S and later versions, iPad 3 gen. and later, Android 5.0 and later devices and Windows 10
Garmin smart scale
Unlike others, Garmin proudly displays all its measurements: weight, body water, body fat, bone mass, and BMI on its main screen. While that may be an effort to hide the fact that it lacks part of the interconnectivity of others here, it makes Garmin a practical and useful option. Read all the body metrics you want, display them on the scale screen and automatically record them in the Garmin Connect application, simple and offer.
Buy the Garmin Smart Scale in amazon at the best price
Garmin Index – Bathroom scale, Glass, Black
- Measure weight, body mass index (BMI), body fat and water percentage, bone and muscle mass
- Step on and the smart index scale will recognize the specific user and automatically load data
- Wireless sync with up to 16 different Garmin Connect accounts
- A bright LCD display with extra-large numbers for easy visibility
- As soon as the batteries are inserted, the index immediately goes into Wi-Fi, ANT + and Bluetooth mode
How Accurate are Smart scales?
With all that is said about “fitness ecosystems,” devices that can differentiate between up to 20 different users and applications that make data shared and manageable, these smart scales still fight the issue of accuracy.
Many smart scales boast of their ability to measure body fat, but experts believe that the variables are too vast and abundant to be measured with any degree of precision even by the best models. According to Berkeley Wellness, from the University of California, “smart scales with only foot electrodes underestimated body fat in people with a lot of body fat and overestimated it in thinner people. Even the manuals say the devices may be less accurate for older people, highly trained athletes, children and people with osteoporosis, among others. ”
They continue to mention those small things, such as the hydration you have when you step on the scale, the last time you ate, the way you exercised recently, and even if the soles of your feet are excessively dirty or have calluses, can influence your results.
In addition, according to a study published in the International Journal of Exercise Science, devices that claim to measure BMI face a constant problem. “The common complaint about the use of the body mass index is that it does not take into account the distribution of body fat or adiposity and is prone to misclassifications based on size, gender, age, and race.”
Therefore, when considering an intelligent scale, lean more towards accessibility, ease of use and the way you want your data to be stored and shared above points of sale, such as “body water” or “bone mass ”, It’s more likely that you’re entering precision murky waters. Keep it simple and integrate what best suits your lifestyle in general.
If weight is a concern, at the Fitness Academy we are specialized in well-integrated wellness, nutrition, and motivation that can help you achieve all your health goals. Try it now!