How to Be More Active: Have you promised yourself that this year will be the year you will finally get fit? Yes, the year in which, finally, you will be able to go to the gym five days a week and even attend that dreaded Saturday spin class.
- How to Be More Active
- 1. Enter the exercise on your way to the office
- 2. Create an exercise schedule and fulfill it
- 3. Do your exercise routine first thing in the morning
- 4. Stay moving
- 5. You don’t have to go to the gym to exercise
- 6. Organize a charity sports event with your classmates
- 7. Make Your social events also active
- 8. Walk Whenever You Can
How to Be More Active
1. Enter the exercise on your way to the office
If you are lucky enough to live close enough to your job to walk, don’t make excuses and get up a little earlier. On the contrary, for those who live further away, taking the bicycle can be the perfect solution. Even if you go by car or public transport, you can park a little further or get off a couple of stops before, so, walk more.
2. Create an exercise schedule and fulfill it
In your professional life, you will always prioritize meetings or work calls. Use the same tactic with exercise: reserve 30 minutes each day to exercise. You will be surprised to see how quickly you get used to it.
3. Do your exercise routine first thing in the morning
There are many people who prefer to get up a little earlier in the morning and perform their exercise routine. For others, it is simply incomprehensible to get up at 5 in the morning to go jogging. It is not for everyone, that is clear, but if you are one of those who prefer to start the day full of energy and with fully functioning endorphins, it may be the solution you were looking for.
4. Stay moving
It’s amazing how active you can be by simply modifying small things in your routine: using a standing table, sitting on an exercise ball instead of the usual chair, or taking a walk to rest from the computer screen. The key is to seize any opportunity to move.
5. You don’t have to go to the gym to exercise
Sometimes it is not the exercise itself that takes away time but driving to the gym, changing clothes, showering afterward and going home. In the end, what you could do in just over half an hour, it ends up taking you hours. If you don’t have much time, going home and putting on an exercise DVD may be a better option. Do not discard it!
6. Organize a charity sports event with your classmates
Participating in a charity sports event can be very motivating. Also, if you get your teammates to join, you will be less likely to go back later and can even train together during the meal break or after work.
Is dinner with friends your idea of a night out after work? If so, it is time for you to implement some changes and combine your social life with more active hobbies. Instead of eating out, go for a game of futsal, go for a walk in a beautiful place or enroll in a fitness class or any sport with friends. There are hundreds of fun social activities that are waiting for you, why don’t you convince your friends or colleagues to participate in a marathon?
8. Walk Whenever You Can
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Instead of sending an email to a colleague in the same office, go talk to him face to face.
- When you are in a conference call, walk while you speak.
- Send the documents you have to print to the printer that is furthest from your table.
- Take an express ride during your lunch break.
- Set a reminder on your computer to get up and move every hour.