How to Find UAN Number: With the help of the steps mentioned in the news, you can find your Universal Account Number (UAN). Learn about it.
Employees are given the benefit of EPF i.e. Employee Provident Fund. As we all know that some amount is deducted from salary and deposited in EPF account. The most important thing that you should have to check the PF balance is your Universal Account Number (UAN).
This number is given by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). After getting the Universal Account Number (UAN), if you also go to a new company, then share your existing number there too. After this, the Employee Provident Fund in the new company will be reflected in your account.
Usually, the Universal Account Number (UAN) is written on the salary slip, but in some circumstances, you will not see it written. In such a situation or you do not even have a salary slip, you can search your Universal Account Number (UAN) with the help of the steps mentioned below.
How to Find UAN (Universal Account Number)
To find the UAN (Universal Account Number), carefully read the steps mentioned below:
- 1) First of all, visit the EPFO Member Service Portal.
- 2) Click on ‘Know Your UAN Status’ on the right and bottom side.
- 3) Here you will have three options – Member ID, Aadhaar or PAN. You can choose any of these
- 4) Fill in the information requested on the page – such as your name, date of birth, register mobile
- number, register an email address and captcha.
- 5) Then click on Get Authorization Pin.
- 6) On the next page, click on the box next to I Agree.
- 7) After this, an SMS will be received on your mobile from EPFO, OTP will be available in it.
- 8) Put OTP on EPFO website.
- 9) Then click on Validate OTP and get your Universal Account Number (UAN).
- 10) On behalf of EPFO, you will also get an SMS in which your Universal Account Number (UAN) will be written.